Friday, June 25, 2010

The Opportunities

To work full time and be able to find an alternative is actually hard. Because for some of the time I am going to have to do full time work in addition to the alternatives I find. Which can cause a burnout of some kind.

I have discussed further with a local rep about Discovery Toys. By the sounds of it the only risk is spending the $180 to get the starter kit. Worst case scenario if it doesn't work out for me is that I simply keep the starter kit. There are no penalties. They are trying to make the process more continent wide, as currently I could sell to anyone in Canada, but not in the US.

It basically is home parties or direct people to your site to purchase the toys. I am sure I could find lots of people to look into Discovery Toys, but I am not sure how well I would be at sales. I am still deciding.

Another opportunity that has come my way is a position with Pizza 73 as a customer rep for the evenings and weekends. Best part is they allow it to be done at the comfort of your home. So I submitted my resume to them. A few days later I received a call back! I was not able to answer it, but I think they are interested! I am sure I would need to get a land line as I currently do not have one, but that is easy to do as Shaw would have a bundle for $20 a month, I'm fine with that. I called back and left a message, I should hear from them tonight *fingers crossed*.

On the home front, things are going well. It does take a lot of energy to raise a family and work full time. My body is exhausted most times, I don't even know how I keep going, but I do. I want to make my children's life the best as possible, but for me being at work the majority of my waking hours makes me feel as though I am wasting these precious first young years in their lives. I know that when baby comes, three children will be expensive to have in the day home and will take the majority of my paycheck, so it isn't worth it for the amount to bring home. We do have to consider our finances as we do have two vehicle payments. Not sure how many years are left on the car, but the van does have 4 more years. So by the time I am off maternity leave, it will be down to 3 years left. So if I do stay home, the first 3 years of not working can be a financial stress, but that is why I am looking for options to stay home.

Again, fingers crossed Pizza 73 calls back, because if I do get the job, the next step is a land line and then I have to build myself a better computer as my current laptop is just way to slow. Time to look at all the computer components I have and see what I can build from it. That or perhaps Amber and Devin might have a new computer to return the one we borrowed to them, that one will work. But unless that happens, I have to build my laptop better. I know I have a processor with HT technology... umm... for those not tech-savvy that is lingo for Hyper-Threading, before dual core ever became big. I had a Pentium 4 processor with HT, so it was a hot machine to run, literally... Now to find that other laptop and see what parts I have (I have three of the same laptop, although they vary slightly in processor and video graphics)

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment